Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Redemption" Altered Book





This altered book entry is one of my favorite so far. I really REALLY like it. I was inspired by the Johnny Cash album "Unearthed" because one of the tracks is "Redemption." The actual album is picture above. I wanted to create a reel of photos and a simple title underneath them, like the format of his album cover. After deciding my layout, I focused on color scheme and embellishing the piece. I used paint, wax, wax paper, thread, corrugated cardboard, found papers and found objects. I think that this is a good entry because of how detailed it is and how many layers there are. Because I created it, I recognize each layer individually. I also traced over the natural shapes within the paint and image, creating a contour line with a deep red Sharpie marker. I think that this piece was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment