Tuesday, October 19, 2010

India Ink


The assignment for this piece was to create a background using found papers, lightly gesso that background and then use india ink to draw a 'quick, sketchy' image on the background. I really despise the whole 'quick,sketchy' thing. I think that it makes the pieces look sloppy and I am not very good at 'letting loose.' It involved taking a risk and I was uncomfortable with the medium and the technique, which made the risk all the harder to take. I like the background in which I used newspaper and assorted colors of tissue paper. I do not like the image that is on top... It is supposed to be a canister full of dirty paintbrushes of all different sizes. I used parafin wax to seal the entire thing. In my opinion, not a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment