Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Down the Drain" Altered Book



As my second altered book entry, I continued to experiment with style and technique as well as materials. The prompt was "Down the Drain" for which I wrote a limerick... "Up in smoke, down the drain, the cookie crumbles all the same." From this, I had inspiration for my piece. I used a light blue color scheme to represent water (from the drain) and added water to the paint so that it would drip and spread more fluidly. I also drew a very wavy, fluid pattern that represented water. Next, I represented smoke by the picture of the two old women smoking. I also continued drawing the pattern coming out of their cigarettes. I also had an image of the eiffel tower and I drew smoke coming out of it as if it was a chimney. I also outlined quite a few of the natural shapes that the paint made with a sharpie. I love highlighting this organic element of the composition. I think this was yet another success.

No comments:

Post a Comment