Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Erasure Drawing


The erasure technique consists of drawing a composition, erasing it, and then re-drawing the image in a slightly different position so that it looks as if the image is moving... I wasn't a huge fan of this technique when it was introduced. I thought that it would just look like poor craftsmanship to have erased lines all over the paper. I used different drawing pencils to shade and decided that the model hand would be the "moving object." I used the sign language hand gesture for 'I love you.' This gesture has a special meaning to me and I like that it was incorporated in my piece. However, I wish that I would have spent more time making the erasure technique more evident. It is rather subtle. This piece is decent, but I don't prefer drawing and I think that I am better at design.

1 comment:

  1. Abby Dearest,
    I do love this piece. I think it proves you could be drawing as well as 2D. I think the erasure turned out neat. The only thing I would have changed would be maybe one more movement on the hand. But that might get too confusing...anyways, awesome!

    ReplyDelete