Monday, January 11, 2010


SO... This is my first independent piece as an artist. Without any prompt from my teacher, I created an assignment for myself. In this picture the color looks a little distorted. It isn't that dark. Obviously, this is mixed media. I used acrylic paint, liquitex, buttons, lace, found objects, found images, pins, thread, and matboard. I really like it. As I intendended, it turned out looking very vintage. I really love the way that aged things look, so I try to incorporate them into my artwork. I also cut a dress form out of thick cardstock paper and painted it (on the left side). The research workbook pages below were where I developed my ideas and techniques for this piece. There are also two seperate image transfers. The first is the damisk print bordering the top. The second is the print, which reads "Une Femme Elegante" (Elegant Woman). Comments, questions, concerns?

1 comment:

  1. I really like the colors you used in this piece. I think it turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete