Thursday, January 7, 2010

Coming to an end...

Even though this semester is ending, I have something to look forward to. Ever since my art teacher has allowed the class to start our independent studies, I have really started to find myself as an artist. I have discovered that I really enjoy mixed media. More specifically, I love incorporating buttons, lace, ribbon, found papers, found images, vintage sewing accessories, pins, sewing needles, thread, acrylic paints, encaustic wax, Liquitex, and quite a few other mediums in my artwork. I am really eager to get to work on my summer pieces and become part of the AP art program. While I still have to work out a lot of kinks in my process, I am enjoying every minute of the adventure. In this semester I have made so many discoveries as an artist. I have really grown and developed a personal style. I have also grown to better understand and respect art of all different kinds. I am really glad that I was given the opportunity to take this class. I made so many improvements, not to mention some great friends and confidants. Everything I have taken away from this semester really makes it worth the while. Can't wait until next year. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment