Monday, June 14, 2010

First Summer Project: Inside a Dishwasher





While this is a HORRIBLE picture and the piece is not yet mounted, this is my first AP summer project! The prompt was "The Inside of a Dishwasher." Of course, I put my own twist into the prompt. I used a variety of materials to create this encaustic piece. Instead of focusing only on the dishwasher, I decided to incorporate the idea of the Dishwasher Revolution. The burden of doing dishes was no longer a problem when the dishwasher was invented in the 1950's. Women were excited to have less work and this is demonstrated in this piece.

1 comment:

  1. Great job posting and meeting the deadline, Abby. Interesting spin on the prompt. You've demonstrated the ability to unite seemingly unrelated material into a cohesive piece. This also looks like your style. I'll reserve other comments until it is mounted and re-photographed as it is still a bit difficult to see. Ni

    ReplyDelete