Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chinese Paper Cut Project


So, this project turned out pretty cool. I like the patterns that I used. I also like something that my classmate - Elizabeth Easler - pointed out to me.... The girl in the portrait NEVER stops looking at you. The cutting was extrmely time consuming and it really hurt my hand. But, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I think that it gives a really cool twist to the study of positive and negative space. I created my background for this piece using acrylic paint and watercolor paint. Once it dried, I used Prismacolor pencils to highlight details in the paint.

1 comment:

  1. Abigail! I think you did an amzing job with this piece. Honestly you and madeline showed us all up :). I really like you background and of course your patterns. Also your portrait is awesome!

    ReplyDelete